School of Medicine Building II
The University of California Riverside proposes to construct the School of Medicine (SOM) Education Building II, a new facility of approximately 57,000 assignable square feet (ASF) that will directly support the academic and programmatic mission of the UCR School of Medicine by providing adequate space for existing needs, as well as allowing for future expansion of the class size (up to 125 students per class).
The proposed building is anticipated to provide up to 57,000 assignable square feet (ASF) within approximately 90,000 gross square feet (GSF). The space program will incorporate the following types of spaces, to complement SOM's existing program:
- Build instruction and instructional support spaces such as classrooms, specialized teaching spaces, and lecture halls;
- Create student support and study facilities including study/lounge spaces necessary to comply with accreditation standards;
- Include academic and administrative offices and support spaces
School of Medicine Education Building II Updates
954045 SOM ED II - Construction Alert #116
954045 SOM ED II Construction Alert #113
- Please be advised that the area identified in the image below (in front of keen hall on the west side of the new loading dock at SOM ED 2) will be under construction for a sewer line repair. This work is anticipated to happen between 3pm and 11.30 pm to minimize disruption to the use of the loading dock during the day. The work will be taking place between 10/16 through 10/20, and the area will be covered with trench plates at the end of each day for use during the day time by campus.
- Anticipated disturbances: medium level construction noise.
- Continuous noises on site: Delivery trucks, construction equipment (back-up alarms), jackhammers, saws, screw guns, and hammers.